A gentleman in a group on Facebook posts these steps every once in a while and I just think it’s a GREAT road map. YOu may NOT hit every step – but if you are like MOST you will touch on many of them! Food for thought!
Weight loss surgery (WLS) steps.
- Decision Point: You decide to have the surgery.
- Shock and Awe: You feel “buyer’s remorse” or are in awe of how little you can eat.
- Grief and Loss: You feel sad about the loss of some foods, rituals or even friends.
- The Miracle: You feel invincible, like you’ll never overeat again.
- Testing Limits: You go back to foods that used to trigger you to overeat.
- End of Invincible: The “honeymoon” ends and you can gain weight again from those triggers.
- GIVE UP OR CHANGE: (I personally think this is THE turning point for SO MANY)You realize if you don’t make changes you will gain your weight back or stop losing.
- Learning: You open up and learn to pinpoint what your real problems are.
- Experimenting: You go through a trial and error process to discover what works for you.
- Self Trust: You develop a sense of self trust and self care that was previously non-existent.
- Mastery: You regain control and begin to experience some peace of mind with food, body and scale.
- Freedom: You see that what you really want to do and what you MUST do to stay healthy ..and they are one and the same.